Department of Computer Science and Engineering
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
Phone: 416 736 2100 x44298
Fax: 416 736 5872
aan at cse dot yorku dot ca
I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the
University of Regina.
From 1997 to 2001, I worked at the Department of
Computer Science of the University of Waterloo first as a post-doctoral fellow and later
as a research assistant professor. I joined the Department
of Computer Science of York University in July 2001.
- Areas of interest: data mining, machine learning, information
retrieval, and artificial intelligence.
- Current Research Projects
- Online Mining of Big Data Streams (Supported by NSERC Discovery Grant and NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement)
- Data and Visual Analytics for Decision Making in Next Generation News Media (supported by CIV-DDD, NSERC CRD and The Globe and Mail)
- Using Machine Learning for Health Risk Assessment (Suppported by NSERC CRD and Manifold Data Mining Inc.)
- Applications of IBM Platform Computing Solutions for Solving Big Data
Analytics Problems (supported by CIV-DDD, NSERC CRD and IBM)
- The Mildred Baptist Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Computer
Science and Engineering, York University, 2009.
- Merit Awards, York University. (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Best Paper Award at the Thirteenth Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI'00).
Professional Service to Academia
- Journal Editorial Service
- Conference Organizations
- Service on Conference Program Committees
- SIGKDD'07, SIGKDD'08, SIGKDD'10, SIGKDD'11, SIGKDD'13, SIGKDD'14
- ICDM'06, ICDM'07, ICDM'09, ICDM'10, ICDM'11, ICDM'12, ICDM'13
- SDM'11, SDM'12
- CIKM'08, CIKM'09, CIKM'10, CIKM'11
- ECML/PKDD'06, ECML/PKDD'11, ECML/PKDD'14
- PAKDD'07, PAKDD'08, PAKDD'09, PAKDD'11, PAKDD'14
- BIBM'07, BIBM'08, BIBM'09, BIBM'11, BIBM'12, BIBM'13
- ISMIS'06, ISMIS'09, ISMIS'12, ISMIS'14
- Canadian AI'10, AI'11, AI'13
- ASONAM'09, ASONAM'10, ASONAM'13, ASONAM'14
- IEEE GrC'06, GrC'07, GrC'08, GrC'09
- ADMA'11, ADMA'12
- ICTAI'11, ICTAI'12