International spelling: Wolfgang Stuerzlinger
Research Areas: 3D and Spatial User Interfaces,
Human-Computer Interaction, Virtual Reality
- Latest News
- A recent promotional video from the Lassonde School of Engineering at York University features my work.
- Two papers from our group got accepted at Graphics Interface 2014.
- Our paper Pseudo-Pressure Detection and Its Use in Predictive Text Entry on Touchscreens got a best paper award at OzCHI 2013.
- A paper about a new GUI editor for constraint-based layouts appeared at UIST 2013. Another paper about Improved selection methods for large groups of objects on interactive whiteboards appeared at ITS 2013.
- I was program co-chair for ACM SUI 2013, the first ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction. SUI 2013 took place at ICT in Los Angeles, just before SIGGRAPH 2013.
- Another form of hattrick: I gave three invited keynotes, at the Touch Gesture Motion conference at SID Display Week 2013, at i-Society 2013, and at MHCI 2013.
- I gave my "Iron Man 2" talk at EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland, at the Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences, Hagenberg, Austria and at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany in May 2013. Also at the University of Toronto, Canada in June 2013.
- Another hattrick: Three full papers co-authored by various members of my group appeared in September at Interact 2013.
- Our paper Pointing at 3D Target Projections with One-Eyed and Stereo Cursors was presented at CHI 2013.
- Older News
- For an introduction to some of my work on 3D and Spatial User Interfaces, see my 2010 TEDx talk.
- Research Projects
- Publications and Videos
- Students, Postdocs, and Alumni
- Recent Talks and Presentations
- Open Student/Research Assistant Position
- Internships and Volunteer Positions
- Interactive Systems Research Group @ York
- Available Research Software
- Additional information (local access only)
- I am currently part of the following larger research initiatives:
GRAND (Graphics, Animation and New Media) Network of Centres of Excellence, where I am also a member of the Board of Directors, the
CAN-ACT - NSERC CREATE Program in Computational Approaches in Neuroscience - Action, Control & Transformations, and several other collaborative projects.