(international spelling: Wolfgang Stuerzlinger)
Member of the Centre for Vision Research
Member of the Graduate Program in Computer Science and Engineering
Member of the Graduate Program in Psychology
Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Lassonde School of Engineering
York University, LAS 1003
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3
Tel: +1 (416) 736-2100 ext. 33947
Fax: +1 (416) 736-5872
Office: Lassonde Building (former Computer Science and Engineering Building), 3rd floor, room LAS 3048. Please use the elevator in the center of the building, the stairwells require access cards.
(see also bottom of page)
WWW page: http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~wolfgang
- Research Areas: 3D and Spatial User Interfaces,
Human-Computer Interaction, Virtual Reality, and Computer Graphics
- Latest News
- Another form of hattrick: I have been invited to give three keynotes, at the Touch Gesture Motion conference at SID Display Week 2013, at i-Society 2013, and at MHCI 2013.
- I gave my "Iron Man 2" talk at EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland, at the Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences, Hagenberg, Austria and at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany in May 2013. Also at the University of Toronto, Canada in June 2013.
- I am program co-chair for ACM SUI 2013, the first ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction. SUI 2013 takes place at ICT in Los Angeles, just before SIGGRAPH 2013.
- Another hattrick: Three full papers co-authored by various members of my group will appear at appeared in September at Interact 2013.
- Our paper Pointing at 3D Target Projections with One-Eyed and Stereo Cursors has been accepted for publication at CHI 2013.
- I was program co-chair for ACM VRST 2012, which took place Dec 10-12, 2012 in Toronto.
- I gave my "Iron Man 2" talk at the University of Aalborg, Denmark in May 2012, at the University of Würzburg, Germany, at the Universty of Western Ontario, Canada in June 2012, and at McMaster University, Canada in April 2013.
- I gave an invited talk "Stereo vs. One-Eyed Cursors and Implications for Touch Interfaces" at the Dagstuhl Seminar "Touching the 3rd Dimension" in April 2012.
- Our entry to the 3D UI Contest at the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces 2012 titled "Escape from Meadwyn 4: A Cross-platform Environment for Collaborative Navigation Tasks" achieved 2nd place and got a Honorable Mention award.
- Older News
- For an introduction to some of my work on 3D and Spatial User Interfaces, see my 2010 TEDx talk,
- Research Projects
- Publications and Videos
- Students, Postdocs, and Alumni
- Recent Talks and Presentations
- Open Student/Research Assistant Position
- Internships and Volunteer Positions
- Interactive Systems Research Group @ York
- Available Research Software
- Additional information (local access only)
- I am currently part of the following larger research initiatives:
GRAND (Graphics, Animation and New Media) Network of Centres of Excellence, where I am also a member of the Board of Directors, the
CAN-ACT - NSERC CREATE Program in Computational Approaches in Neuroscience - Action, Control & Transformations, and several other collaborative projects.
- Curriculum Vitae and Biography
- Personal Information