Bio: Jaroslaw Szlichta aka Jarek Szlichta is an Associate Professor at York University.
He is also an Adjunct Professor at University of Waterloo and
a Faculty Fellow at IBM Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS).
Prior to that he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Toronto
and an Associate Professor at Ontario Tech University.
His research concerns various topics in data science with special interests in data management,
large-scale data analysis, data systems, graph data, and machine learning to obtain trustworthy insights from data.
He is a recipient of the CeBIT computer expo Business Award for
the work on the OCEAN GenRap analytic reporting tool and the runner-up
IBM Project of the Year Award for automatic tuning of the Db2 system.
His research grants are from both government (NSERC, MITACS and SOSCIP) and industry (IBM).
He received the PhD degree from York University while he has spent a 3-year student fellowship
at IBM CAS (with the IBM Research Student of the Year Award).
- Data Science, Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Data Management, Data Profiling, Data Cleaning and Data Integration
- Data Systems Tuning and Distributed Computing
- Web Search, Graph Search and Graph Knowledgeable Discovery
Publications (or see DBLP)
- LE/EECS 4415 Big Data Systems (Fall 2022)
- LE/EECS 4411 Data Management Systems (Winter 2023)