You can install ESpec on Windows by simply
executing the setup file. ESpec will be installed on C:\espec by default.
You can change the destination directory throughout the installation process.
To install ESpec under Windows, simply run the setup.exe file provided at the
download time. The following shows the step by step installation process:
- Read the licence information and press next.
- Select the location of ESpec (C:\ESpec is recommended)
- Enable right-click ESpec options: Right click options
will add ES-Archive and ES-clean features to the right click menu of your
Windows. You may right click on an Eiffel project folder to archive or clean
it from automatically generated files.
- Precompile Libraries: setup will precompile the ESpec
library (C:\espec\precompiled). Precompiling helps you to start and compile a
project much faster (the precompilation is a lengthy process, 10 – 20 minutes
depending on the speed of your system)
- Change default ECF/ACE file: It will change the default ECF file of your
Eiffel studio, so when you start a new project, by default ESpec library
automatically becomes part of your project.
- Whether or not to create a desktop icon for ESpec
- Setup is now installing files on your computer
- setup runs the pre-compilation process (if selected)