The course webpage. If you have questions or comments about the webpage,
send the instructor email or go to his office hours (preferably before
Monday March 5 when the course outline is handed out).
If you use the first edition of the textbook, follow the reading material
in orange. If you use the second edition,
follow the reading material in brown.
(1st) Page 41 and 42 (section on loop invariants)
(2nd) Page 109 and 110 (section on loop invariants)
See manual page of
- Class names start with an uppercase letter.
- Method names start with a lowercase letter.
- Constant variable names do not contain any lowercase letters and all
other variables names start with a lowercase letter.
- At most 30 lines of code are used for each method.
- Braces line up horizontally or vertically.
- Each class is preceded by at least one line of documentation comment.
ccc. See also
Java code conventions.
Java documentation comments
What is the main difference between assertions (like
York.assert(...)) and exceptions?